Going Green for the Planet
Many people are now choosing to marry at their beach favorite, breaking with traditional wedding plans. Even though the process of planning a wedding is similar, it’s possible to go green and make a difference for the environment.
Here are five eco-friendly options for a destination wedding.
- Instead of throwing rice at the bride or groom, why don’t you equip the bridal party with nontoxic soap containers in which they can blow bubbles at them as they pass? Alternativly, everyone could toss organic bird seeds at the newlywed couple.
- Use terrycloth towels, natural soap or recycled paper towels in the bathroom.
- Potted or flowering pots are great for table decorations and to line the walkway from the altar on the sand. The guests can return the plants to their rooms after the ceremony. If your guests will be flying out, you might consider renting the plants. You’ll help the environment in any way you can.
- When the bride is making her decision on the dress she will wear to the wedding, it’s a good idea to suggest a natural fiber dress instead of one made from chemicals or harmful dyes.
- Place recycle bins on the beach for your reception. By using the sun’s natural resources, you will be doing your part to save the planet.
You want to experience a private beach wedding in a setting that is eco-friendly? The perfect location for a North Carolina beach wedding is Knots Landing on Ocean Isle Beach. The beautiful backdrop of the beach and surf makes it a wonderful location for wedding photos and ceremonies. Get your dates booked now, before anyone else does!